Tuesday, October 9, 2012

The Pursuit of Passion


Months ago, in posting a response to an article by Chris Dierkes in Beams and Struts, he suggested that I try writing about my experience with Savitri.  My love affair with this poem is somewhat mysterious and it had never occurred to me to attempt to articulate it.  I was surprised when I found words showing up.  Judging from the responses I've received from friends, it is not an easily accessible article.  While not intellectually complicated, it points to a way of viewing reality that is unfamiliar and rarely articulated.  The real power is in a place beyond words, so writing can only hint and if you don't recognize the experience it won't make sense.  But I would encourage anyone attempting to read it, to hold it loosely, to let it speak to something deeper and more mysterious, yet fundamentally accessible to all of us and don't worry if your mind understands.  My special thank you to Joyce Jonte for giving me permission to use her images.

http://www.beamsandstruts.com/articles/item/1020-the-pursuit-of-passion

No comments:

Post a Comment